HONOLULU — The Chamber of Commerce of Hawai‘i hosts its yearly Chamber Week starting off Tuesday, Jan. 19.
The digital, week-extended sequence, “Pushing Ahead, Collectively,” will involve a panel dialogue and presentation of pivot achievement tales, 2021 forecast on legislative initiatives, a meet up with-and-greet with point out legislators, trivia entertaining with young experts and a host of networking options.
This occasion collection is offered in partnership with Hawai‘i Island Chamber of Commerce, Kaua‘i Chamber of Commerce, Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, Maui Chamber of Commerce and Moloka‘i Chamber of Commerce.
For registration and a lot more info, stop by cochawaii.org/activities. Offered by The Queen’s Health Technique, Chamber 7 days 2021 is open up to all free of charge of cost. Price registration alternatives include things like foodstuff and drinks to assist local restaurants.
“More citizens voted in 2020 in the two area and nationwide elections and we ended up inspired to boldly start a candidate-endorsement system,” stated Sherry Menor-McNamara, chamber president and CEO. “Chamber 7 days is an opportunity for elected officers to listen to immediately from our enterprises.”
Jan. 20 is the opening of the point out Legislature as effectively as the presidential inauguration. Firms across the condition are questioned to sign up for the chamber for a 7 days of participatory democracy and bolster interactions with the condition Legislature to advise them of the small business community’s most-urgent challenges.
A new celebration this calendar year is “Elevating Voices from the Classroom,” which will showcase legislators and learners as they answer the inquiries: What is a problem in your local community and what is a potential solution? This panel is an opportunity for college students, lecturers, legislators and marketplace partners to connect.
The occasions are as follows:
Tuesday, Jan. 19
• 10 a.m.: #4Hello Pushing Forward, Collectively presented by Very first Insurance policies Organization of Hawai‘i. Attendees will meet up with Hawai‘i’s most recent governing administration leaders who are focused on doing the job with each other with Hawai‘i’s small business community to obtain methods for the economic system
• Midday: Elevating Voices from the Classroom. Attendees will hear from youth as they advocate for concerns and find solutions, like college students from Kapolei High School, James Campbell Large Faculty, Pearl Town High Faculty and Waipahu Large University
• 5:30 p.m.: YP Trivia Night — Coverage is Not Trivia, But Tonight, It is a Activity! Attendees will arrive alongside one another for an evening of pleasurable and games where by youthful gurus can examination their understanding of existing activities and the Legislature
Wednesday, Jan. 20
• 1 p.m.: From Hawaii to the Hill: Legislative & Policy Outlook Webinar. Attendees will hear from professionals on 2021 laws that will impact the company group, understand how the legislative approach will work regionally and nationally, the advantages of becoming a member of a Chamber plan committee and acquiring involved to assistance assist their businesses
Thursday, Jan. 21
• 10 a.m.: Voice of Business enterprise Panel Discussion Webinar. Attendees will listen to tales and classes learned from nearby enterprise leaders who pivoted for accomplishment all through the pandemic
• 5:30 p.m.: Legislative Satisfy & Greet Virtual Reception. Attendees will be in a position to network with legislators from the security of household/function workplace and share their ideas with legislators according to their county in separate Zoom breakout rooms.